Stamping and Cardmaking with a little side of Scrapbooking.....Bon Appetit !!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another MIM entry

Ok this card was sooo much fun!! Feeling like I'm getting mojo back and back in the groove...
I have this card pinned (http://seeinginkspots.blogspot.ca/2012/04/nutty-for-preinking.html?m=1)
And I really wanted to try the parallel lines of embossing. I used the same general card layout as well.

I've had these huge Maya road crochet flowers for ever. Figured it was time up use them as the theme for 2013 will be 'don't hoard!!' they are quite a bright cream and I wanted to shabby them up a bit but had no idea how. So i grabbed my SU Kraft marker, and started drawing. Then I went in with an aqua painter to soften the lines a bit. Interestingly it broke the colours in the Kraft down and I stated seeing a blue and an orangey colour so that's how I pulled my paper and the rest of the card together.
PP and brad is SU, sentiment is from PTI's mat stack 3. Flourishes are an MFT die. I shaded around the embossing a bit with an E00 Copic to make it stand out.
For my bag I used Mat Stack 3 again, and some more of the PP. I decorated with a resin rose I had on my desk.

This was a super fun challenge. I love packaging cards like this, it's so pretty and has such an impact. I don't think I'll ever use an envelope for a hand delivered card again!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment